This Asian Broccoli Salad is crunchy, flavorful and wholesome! It’s nice for a lightweight lunch or a dish to carry to a summer season potluck!
I meant to get this Asian Broccoli Salad put up up a few weeks in the past however I didn’t understand how time consuming transferring as going to be! We’re now principally settled although and I even have a while to work, yah! I hope you all had an exquisite lengthy weekend and I’m so glad to be again sharing recipes with you 🙂
This Asian Broccoli Salad was impressed by my Crunchy Broccoli Salad Recipe that I like! It additionally will get such nice critiques from everybody who makes it, so I’m hoping you all will love this model too.
What You’ll Want To Make This Asian Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Broccoli – I do know uncooked broccoli isn’t for everybody, however I adore it and it makes for an amazing wholesome salad. When you don’t love uncooked broccoli you can blanche it for a minute or two in scorching water so it’s partially cooked and simpler to digest.
- Different Greens – I like so as to add another uncooked greens for taste and colour. Here’s what I added: cucumber, purple onion, purple pepper, carrot, sugar snap peas. I additionally add a superb quantity of recent herbs. I like mint, cilantro and inexperienced onion.
- Chickpeas – Chickpeas are my go-to legume when making an Asian model meal. They don’t add tons of taste, however they’re a pleasant chunk and a protein supply.
- Wontons or sliced almonds – These assist so as to add one other texture and taste to the salad. I used each however you can use one or the opposite. My one yr previous cherished consuming the wontons out of it!
- Dressing – You could possibly use a store-bought Asian model dressing or you can also make your individual. I made my very own utilizing a mixture of oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Recipe is beneath!
What’s To Love About Broccoli Salad?
There’s a lot to like about this broccoli salad recipe!
- It’s full of tons of greens – If greens are your factor, then this Asian Broccoli Salad will even be your factor! It’s additionally actually adaptable so you should use no matter recent veggies you could have readily available and it’ll nonetheless be nice.
- It’s full of protein – Each the broccoli and chickpeas add protein to this salad so you’ll be able to eat it as a complete meal and you’ll really feel full and glad afterwards.
- It’s the excellent potluck dish – Not that any of us are going to potlucks this summer season 🙁 however ultimately we will likely be once more and this salad is a good facet dish to carry with you.
- It’s simple to make – There isn’t a cooking required with this recipe! All you have to do is chop of some recent veggies, add in your chickpeas and wontons and blend up your dressing. Easy, simple and scrumptious!
I’ve been craving a lot salad this summer season and this Asian Broccoli Salad certain hits the spot! Our new home doesn’t have air con so I’ve vowed to make use of the range as little as doable. I like simply mixing collectively an enormous bowl of recent greens and including a straightforward do-it-yourself dressing after which you could have lunch!
This Asian Broccoli Salad is flavorful, filling and really easy to make!
- 4–5 cups finely chopped recent broccoli
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 half of cups small diced cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup small diced sugar snap peas
- 1 small purple bell pepper, small diced
- half of cup diced purple onion
- half of cup recent herbs, I used mint, cilantro and inexperienced onion
- half of cup wontons, sliced almonds or each
- half of cup olive oil
- half of cup rice wine vinegar
- Three teaspoons maple syrup
- Three teaspoons tamari, gluten free type if essential
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- half of teaspoon grated recent ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Pink pepper flakes, to style
- Add all dressing elements to a small bowl or jar and blend till mixed, put aside.
- Add the entire broccoli salad elements to a big bowl and blend. Drizzle over desired quantity of dressing and blend once more till all elements are coated with dressing.
- Salad might be served instantly or refrigerated for as much as 3-Four days.
If making the salad forward of time, I’d suggest not including the dressing, wontons or almonds till able to serve.