Submit in partnership with Pete and Gerry’s Natural Eggs
When the temperature drops under 90 levels right here within the valley, I name that the beginning of fall. This creamy delicata squash pasta is my kick-off to the season (simply don’t be stunned if extra tomato recipes nonetheless present up as a result of I’ll be fortunately consuming them for one more month or so).
I’ll ceaselessly love the benefit of utilizing delicata squash in meals. The skinny pores and skin on this squash means there’s no peeling concerned and it roasts in lower than 30 minutes. The delicate earthy taste is nice for pairing with spices and helps reduce by means of the wealthy goat cheese on this pasta dish.
In case you can’t discover delicata squash, use cubed butternut or candy potatoes. I discover these squash to be a bit sweeter, so strive including a pinch of warmth to the combo or drop the maple syrup from the hazelnuts.
I like ensuring we now have a little bit of protein with every meal and I’m glad to group up with Pete and Gerry’s for this recipe. I really like working with Pete and Gerry’s Natural Eggs as a result of I do know they accomplice with a gaggle of household farmers who’re important to their communities. The eggs are all the time contemporary, and I do know I’m shopping for a high quality, Licensed Humane Free Vary and natural product. Eggs are such a staple in our home and are all the time on our procuring lists.
This recipe is really the proper mix of late summer time and early fall flavors. In September, we begin to see extra squash however fortunately my basil nonetheless lives on. If that’s not that case for you, cooler climate herbs additionally work effectively right here. Strive dill rather than the basil.
The maple hazelnuts, self admittedly, are a bit further. I really like the slight sweetness the maple syrup brings to the nuts and the general dish. Nevertheless, in case you don’t really feel like taking this further step, common toasted nuts are nice as effectively. You may also swap out the hazelnuts for toasted pecans or walnuts.
1 delicata squash (g)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup chopped hazelnuts (g)
1 teaspoon maple syrup
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup julienned basil
2 Pete and Gerry’s Natural Eggs, fried
four ounces pasta
2 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons milk
1 small clove of garlic, minced
½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Warmth your oven to 425˚F. Give the squash a great scrub then reduce in half lengthwise. Trim the ends then reduce every half into ¼” thick slices. Place on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, smoked paprika, and salt. Roast till beginning to brown, about 25 minutes.
- Whereas the squash is roasting, warmth a small skillet over medium. Add the hazelnuts and toast till beginning to brown. Take away from warmth and stir within the maple syrup and salt. Toss to coat and switch to a plate to chill. Wipe out the skillet, return to warmth, and fry the eggs.
- Subsequent, cook dinner the pasta based on the bundle instructions and make the sauce. To make the sauce, mix the goat cheese, milk, salt, garlic, and zest in a bowl. Stir/whip collectively till effectively mixed.
- When the squash is completed, take away from the oven and add the hazelnuts/basil to the sheet tray and toss the squash with the nuts/basil.
- Drain the pasta, saving a little bit of pasta water, and return the pasta to the pot. Add within the goat cheese combination and stir to mix. Add in a splash of pasta water if wanted to coat the noodles. Divide into bowls and prime every bowl with an egg and the delicata squash.