This Immediate pot pink curry potato & lentil stew is warming, scrumptious, and full of starchy greens and protein! It’s good for soup season!
It’s shock to nobody in my life that I really like soup. This pink lentil curry stew is ideal strategy to stretch your finances, and dissipate unhappy, wilty produce that has been lingering in your fridge and is not fairly in its prime.
I do know lots of people shall be looking for cheaper dinners which are equally filling and comforting. The times have been getting shorter and I’ve been discovering myself looking for consolation in meals and my environment.
I made this Immediate Pot pink lentil curry stew for a cottage getaway with a few our mates (granted this was proper earlier than the numbers shot up) and it was with our “bubble” for the weekend. It was one of many first chilly weekends of the yr and this soup was the proper strategy to start our weekend on the cottage.
The lentils soften into the stew and add a lush, creamy high quality, when you have melt-in-your-mouth cubes of potato and carrot, with little brilliant pops of peas and corn. The lentils are the protein element of this dish, so you possibly can take pleasure in this by itself! Or maybe alongside a bit of homebaked sourdough bread.
In any case, in case you’re the kind of one that has a number of programs to your meal (what luxurious!), then you definitely may take pleasure in it earlier than your important meal. Heck, it could be an awesome choice to deliver to a potluck or Thanksgiving the place there are few anticipated vegan choices obtainable.
My Favorite Vegan Thanksgiving Dishes
For my US readers, I do know Thanksgiving is arising quickly! I haven’t actually finished a lot by way of Thanksgiving content material as a result of Eddie and I don’t do a lot with our households for the vacations, however I’d deign that Eddie’s favorite meals is Thanksgiving meals.
I don’t anticipate lots of people to be doing Thanksgiving this yr (at the very least I hope not), however if you’re doing your individual Thanksgiving, I’ve a bunch of recipes I’m fairly happy with and make yr after yr for me and Eddie!
Cook dinner Time
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- three cloves garlic, minced
- three tbsp pink curry paste (you too can use yellow, massaman, or inexperienced if in case you have that)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- three medium carrots, diced
- 6 medium white potatoes, diced
- 1 cup of pink lentils, effectively rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water + mushroom broth powder)*
- half cup frozen peas
- half cup frozen corn
- half tsp salt (or to style)
- On the Saute operate (on excessive), cook dinner the onions with oil and sauté till flippantly browned and onions are translucent.
- Add the curry paste and garlic, and cook dinner, mashing the curry paste to warmth via and get up the flavours. You’ll be able to add a splash of coconut milk right here to assist loosen the curry paste. Add the remaining coconut milk and stir via.
- Add the diced carrots, potatoes, and rinsed and drained pink lentils to the pot, then cowl with water/vegetable broth. Stir to get the lentils distributed a bit higher beneath the liquid, and pat the greens to settle below the liquid.
- Cowl with the lid, transfer the vent to “seal”, and Strain cook dinner on excessive for 10 minutes. You’ll be able to pure launch or guide launch, I have a tendency to attend for 30 min then manually launch the remainder.
- Add frozen peas and corn, and stir in to cook dinner via and break up the lentilsv. Add salt to style, and luxuriate in!
*Relying on the dimensions of your greens, you may discover you want a bit extra liquid. I used about 2 cups for my soup, however you wish to fill the Immediate Pot till water JUST covers all of the greens.