I can’t let you know how a lot I really like operating this weblog for a residing. I get to do one thing inventive that I genuinely get pleasure from that makes an actual distinction in individuals’s lives and encourages individuals to maneuver in direction of a extra compassionate option to feed themselves. That’s priceless, however there are a number of points of growing recipes for a residing that I might frankly reside with out. The largest by far is individuals stealing the fruit of your laborious work and passing it off as theirs.
Just lately, one other UK-based blogger, whom I’ve already emailed about taking my recipes and publishing them on her web site with out giving due credit score, shamelessly plagiarised this recipe. She takes my unique recipe, makes a number of minor tweaks to the substances or doubles the quantity to obfuscate the similarity and claims, generally by omission and generally explicitly, that the recipe is hers.
She did the identical to my spanakopita recipe (together with copying my pictures, which she now modified as they gave the entire thing away), my biscotti recipe and vegan raspberry bakewell tart recipe and I’m certain that’s simply the tip of the iceberg and that there are different bloggers she ‘borrows’ from too.
I didn’t progress the matter additional final time as I stupidly hoped that she is going to cease and I didn’t fairly realise how cynical the complete operation was however I’ve come to grasp that she gained’t cease until she is made to cease. She is saving herself a whole lot of time, frustration and wasted substances through the use of recipes which have already been totally examined by me and the individuals who have efficiently made them and by doing that she is ready to develop her weblog at a a lot faster charge.
There’s clearly no ethical compass there in any respect. It blows my thoughts, fairly frankly, as that’s not how I’ve been introduced up. Sadly, I’m not in a position to let this one go and I do want to vary gears. Duncan and I’ve give you a plan and whereas it would take some time to deliver her operation down, I’m joyful to attend somewhat to get the outcomes. She is definitely making my case stronger with every plagiarised recipe… So sure, that is the ugly aspect of running a blog that not many individuals find out about, however I believe that anybody who creates issues for a residing is aware of precisely why I’m so upset about this. And what I got here to grasp is that the larger and extra trusted your weblog is, the extra typically this occurs, sadly.
From different information, as Thanksgiving is approaching and this 12 months it looks as if gathering in huge numbers just isn’t the factor to do, I made a decision to ‘minimise’ this very vegan pecan pie, which occurs to be one in every of my favorite candy recipes on right here. I really like small, chew measurement desserts. They’re cute, moveable and never as tempting to overeat on. These little guys will be made in small custard tart moulds like these, however equally you may also make them in a 12 gap muffin tin if that’s what you’ve. The crispy pastry hides away candy, nutty and custardy filling that’s to die for. In case you are not a assured pastry maker, you can pour the filling into these little oat shells as an alternative. I hope you’ll get pleasure from these as a lot as we’ve loved testing them for you 😉 .
PS: If you happen to make my mini vegan pecan pies, don’t neglect to tag me on Instagram as @lazycatkitchen and use the #lazycatkitchen hashtag. I really like seeing your takes on my recipes!
- makes: 12
- Sift the flour (and xanthan gum if making GF pastry) into a big bowl.
- Add the salt and chopped coconut oil and lower it into the flour with two knifes. Here’s a useful information to creating shortcrust pastry that I observe.
- As soon as the combination is uniform and there are not any giant lumps left (to verify, shake the bowl flippantly, they are going to come to the floor), rub the small bits of oil into the flour together with your fingers till there are not any lumps left. Sure, I do know, it does take a while!
- Lastly add in ice chilly water and blend it into the flour combination with a cutlery knife to distribute the water evenly. The precise quantity of water wanted depends upon the absorbency of your flour however begin off with 60 ml / ¼ cup and add a tiny bit extra at a time, if wanted – an excessive amount of water makes extra a troublesome pastry.
- To verify if extra water is required, seize a handful of combined dough together with your arms, if it is rather dry, add somewhat extra water, combine it in and verify once more.
- As soon as the dough is the suitable consistency, type it right into a flattened ball rapidly – deal with the dough as little as attainable, wrap it in cling movie and chill for 30 minutes.
- Take away the dough from the fridge and divide it into 12 equal sized items. Roll every bit right into a tough ball together with your arms after which flatten with a rolling pin. Use very mild stress at first and progressively roll the dough 2 mm thick.
- I used these mini tart circumstances so I lined them with pastry and trimmed to measurement, however I’ve additionally been testing making these in a typical 12-hole muffin tin. If that’s what you’ve, use a big cookie cutter (I used my largest 10 cm / 4″ circle) to chop a neat circle out of the pastry and line the muffin gap with it. Tuck the pastry in effectively, guaranteeing that it suits snugly into all the sides and ensuring there isn’t any air bubble beneath the pastry. The pastry gained’t fairly attain the highest of the muffin gap however that’s okay. If making gluten-free pastry (which tends to be extra crumbly), you could be higher off putting the crumbled pastry within the tart case and easily moulding the pastry together with your arms to the form of the tart tin – you don’t want to fret about overworking the pastry because it incorporates no gluten.
- Pierce the underside of the pastry circumstances with a fork a number of instances and chill the pastry whilst you warmth up the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C / 355° F. Line the pastry circumstances with small squares or circles of crumpled baking paper and fill with baking beads or rice for a blind bake.
- Blind bake the pastry for 10 minutes. Take away the paper and beads and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Cool for a couple of minutes earlier than including the filling.
- Place the maple syrup, sugar and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Carry to a mild simmer, stirring the entire time. Enable the sugar to dissolve utterly and for the combination to bubble gently for a number of seconds earlier than switching the warmth off and setting it apart to chill.
- In a meals processor or a small batch blender (like this Ninja blender) mix cooled maple syrup combination, drained tofu, vanilla, orange zest, cinnamon, salt and tapioca starch. Mix till silky easy. You may additionally use a hand wire whisk, however there might be tiny specks of tofu within the filling so please concentrate on that.
- Add the chopped pecans to the cool filling and fill the prebaked tart circumstances, however don’t overfill because the filling will bubble up and overflow in any other case.
- Embellish the tops with pecan halves.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then scale back the oven temperature to 160° C / 320° F and bake for an additional 10 minutes, till the sides are cooked.
- Cool the tarts utterly earlier than serving. Preserve in an air-tight container within the fridge, they are going to hold for about 2-Three days.
This recipe relies on my earlier recipe for a full-size pecan pie tart.
I used these mini tart circumstances, however you may also use a typical 12-hole muffin tin as an alternative. The one I examined these in is 7 cm / 2.75″ vast and three cm / 1.2″ deep.