You will be transported into paradise after one chunk of those moorish ‘Bounty bar’ impressed cupcakes.
Should you love the traditional ‘Bounty’ flavour, you will not give you the chance to withstand these cupcakes.
Moist chocolate sponge truffles rolled in desiccated coconut with a wealthy and velvety clean chocolate frosting topped with a home made Three ingredient coconut Bounty truffle. 100% vegan!!
What’s a Bounty Bar?
Bounty Bars are a well-liked UK chocolate bar, consisting of a coconut flavoured filling coated with chocolate.
One in every of my favorite candies rising up with a Bounty Bar. I like the sleek milky chocolate with the chewy coconut centre. These cupcakes are very nostalgic to me, with their scrumptious tropical coconutty flavour, combined with silky clean chocolate. They cupcakes style JUST like a Bounty however fully vegan, free from any dairy and animal cruelty!
What makes these bounty cupcakes so good?
- The coconut truffle ontop is actually what you discover in the course of a traditional Bounty bar
- They’re wealthy, fluffy and intensely tasty
- Stuffed with coconut flavour!
- Straightforward to make
- They’re vegan + dairy-free
Different recipes I believe you will love:
Preparation: 30 minutes
Makes: 6-Eight cupcakes
Baking time: 18-20 minutes
Substances for the coconut truffles
- 240ml of dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 210g of self-raising flour
- 20g of cocoa powder
- 120g of caster sugar
- half of teaspoon of baking powder
- half of teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 60ml of sunflower oil
- half of teaspoon of coconut flavouring (elective)
Substances for the buttercream
- 120g of dairy-free butter (I exploit Flora block Plant Butter)
- 50g of cocoa powder
- 140g of icing sugar
- 80ml of aquafaba (chickpea brine)
Technique (coconut truffles)
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add in all the substances and produce along with a picket spoon or spatula.
2. Convey the combination collectively utilizing your fingers or spoons. You need a tablespoon of quantity, rolled right into a ball. The combination is tremendous sticky, however it would type. As soon as formed into balls, place on the lined tray and pop into the fridge to set, it will take a few hours.
Hold saved within the fridge prepared to make use of.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 levels c and line two cupcake tins with cupcake instances.
2. In a small bowl, mix the dairy-free milk with the apple cider vinegar and whisk till absolutely mixed.
3. In a big mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
Combine properly to mix.
4. Add the oil to the ‘buttermilk’ and whisk to mix.
5. Add the moist substances, together with the coconut flavouring (elective) into the dry and blend till a clean batter.
6. Fill the instances 3/Four full with the batter.
Ensure to faucet the tins on the worktop to take away any air bubbles.
7. Pop the truffles into the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
You’ll know they’re carried out once you put a knife or skewer in and it comes out clear and they’re springy to the contact.
8. Place the cupcakes on a cooling rack and permit to chill absolutely earlier than frosting.
Technique (chocolate buttercream)
1. In a big mixing bowl, add within the dairy-free butter and whip till creamy. I exploit a stand mixer with a balloon whisk attachment, a hand mixer will work nice too.
2. Sift within the cocoa powder and icing sugar and whip on excessive pace for a few minutes to include it.
3. Pour within the aquafaba and whip for five minutes till it turns gentle and creamy. Do not over whip it or it may change into too tender. If it does, simply add in additional icing sugar till it is thick and creamy.
4. Add some desiccated coconut right into a bowl. Unfold a skinny layer of buttercream over the tops of the cupcakes, then roll within the coconut to coat.
5. Core every cupcake and fill with vegan chocolate ganache or a fudge sauce (elective).
6. Switch the buttercream right into a piping bag fitted with a star tip nozzle. Pipe a swirl on prime of every cupcake. Repeat for all.
7. Beautify the cupcakes by putting one of many coconut balls on the very prime of the buttercream and sprinkle over extra coconut (elective).
Retailer these cupcakes in or out of the fridge in a sealed container.
Retailer the coconut truffles within the fridge in a sealed container.
Finest eaten inside 2/Three days of constructing.
Be sure to observe me on my social media