These wholesome stuffed zucchini are oven baked and crammed with fluffy quinoa and coarsely chopped walnuts and raisins. Served with a creamy, vegan puree, these stuffed zucchinis make for a sublime important course or a easy aspect salad.
These quinoa stuffed zucchinis are utterly vegan and tremendous versatile! You possibly can simply swap out the filling elements with different greens and spices and have a very new meal!
All you do to make these vegetarian stuffed zucchinis is to hole out the zucchini, fill them along with your favourite greens and grains, and pop them within the oven to bake.
Then you definitely mix the zucchini filling with lemon juice, garlic, salt, and onion, and you’ve got your creamy zucchini sauce! It’s tremendous easy, and tremendous scrumptious!
This wholesome stuffed zucchini recipe is…
- prepared in 45 minutes
- a straightforward important course
How you can Make Wholesome Stuffed Zucchini
- Prepare dinner the quinoa in keeping with the bundle directions and put aside.
- Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with aluminum.
- Wash and dry the zucchinis. Slice of each ends off and lower them in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the zucchini flesh in order that the zucchini seems like a ship.
- Put aside the additional flesh for later.
- Place the zucchini boats open aspect up on the baking sheet.
- Chop the raisins and the walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, mix the raisins and walnuts with the quinoa and diced onions.
- Then add the coriander, pepper, lemon zest, and salt to the medium bowl.
- Combine the filling completely.
- Scoop the filling into the hollowed-out zucchini, packing it as tightly as doable.
- Drizzle olive oil over the zucchinis.
- Bake the vegetarian stuffed zucchini till it’s barely gentle, and the quinoa combination is browned on high.
- Whereas the quinoa stuffed zucchini is within the oven, put together the puree.
- Warmth olive oil in a saucepan over the range.
- Caramelize the onions within the oil, stirring it continuously in order to not burn.
- Scale back the warmth, and add the minced garlic, salt, and the scooped-out zucchini. Then stir within the lemon juice.
- Prepare dinner this over the range whereas stirring recurrently till the combination turns into gentle.
- Use an immersion blender or a daily blender to puree the combination till it’s mild and creamy.
- When the zucchinis are completed baking, serve them with the puree.
Scroll down for the complete recipe with measurements and detailed directions.
Ideas & Methods
An immersion blender is sort of a hand mixer, nevertheless it acts extra as a daily blender. It’s typically used to mix soups and sauces whereas they’re nonetheless within the pot.
Sprinkle with Vegan Cheese
If you wish to make your filling a bit creamy, after you’ve stuffed the wholesome, stuffed zucchini boats, high them with some vegan cheese.
If you wish to add a bit crunch, sprinkle the highest of the cheese with Panko Japanese breadcrumbs.
Experiment with Flavors
In case you don’t like all of the elements on this vegetarian stuffed zucchini recipe, you possibly can swap them out for another choices. Strive cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, pesto, or olives.
FAQs About Wholesome Stuffed Zucchini
Do you eat the pores and skin on zucchini boats?
Sure! You possibly can eat the pores and skin on the zucchini boats. Simply ensure you clear the pores and skin correctly.
Simply needless to say the bigger zucchinis might have harder pores and skin and bitter style. So, lean towards use medium-sized zucchinis for these wholesome, stuffed zucchinis.
Ought to I peel zucchini earlier than cooking?
No want! The zucchini pores and skin will make it in order that your quinoa stuffed zucchini holds collectively higher because it cooks.
Extra Zucchini Recipes
In case you love these stuffed zucchini, then you have to check out these different recipes.
Servings: 4 folks
- 90 gram quinoa
- 850 gram zucchini or summer season squash
- 50 gram walnuts
- 40 gram golden raisins
- 120 gram crimson onion diced
- 2 gram floor coriander
- 5 gram salt
- 1 gram floor pepper
- 4 gram lemon zest
- 45 ml lemon juice
- 15 gram garlic minced
- 60 ml olive oil divided
Prepare dinner quinoa in keeping with bundle directions.
Preheat oven to 375°F/190 C. Line a baking sheet with aluminum.
Wash and dry zucchini. Slice off each ends and lower in half lengthwise.
Scoop about 1 – 1 ½”/2.5 – 4cm deep out of the zucchini flesh. Set further flesh apart for later. Place zucchini boats open aspect up on baking sheet.
Coarsely chop raisins and walnuts.
In a medium bowl, mix quinoa, walnuts, raisins, and ½ c/60g diced onions. Add coriander, pepper, lemon zest, and ½ tsp/3g salt.
Combine the filling completely. Scoop into the hollowed-out zucchini, packing in as tightly as doable. Drizzle 2 tbsp/30ml of olive oil over the zucchini.
Bake for 25 minutes till zucchini is barely gentle and quinoa combination seems evenly browned on high.
Whereas zucchini is baking, put together puree.
Warmth 2 tbsp/30ml olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium warmth. Caramelize ½ c/60g diced onion in oil for 4-5 minutes, stirring continuously.
Scale back warmth to med-low. Add minced garlic, ¼ tsp/2g salt, and scooped out zucchini insides. Stir in lemon juice.
Prepare dinner for 10 minutes, stirring recurrently, till very gentle. Utilizing an immersion blender or switch too a daily blender and puree till mild and creamy.
When zucchini are baked, serve instantly with puree.
Energy: 386kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 9gFats: 25gSaturated Fats: 3gSodium: 507mgPotassium: 881mgFiber: 6gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 425IUVitamin C: 47mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 3mg